Basic Concepts in Quantum Mechanics, Conventional and Reversible Computing, Information Theory and Communication. Generalization Of The Term Bit Into Quantum Bit-qubit and The Differences Between Classical and Quantum Bits (no Cloning, Entanglement). Models Of Communication, Computation, Cryptography, Coding, Etc., Consistent With The Principles of Quantum Theory. Quantum Teleportation, Gates, Quantum Computing and Simon and Grover's Quantum Algorithms. Cracking Cryptographic Ciphers and Solving Difficult Problems in Short Time On a Quantum Computer - The Shor Algorithm. Quantum Cryptography and Secure Key Distribution. Implementation Of Qubits For Communiction and Cryptography, and Implementations Of Quantum Computing Devices# a Description of Some Experiments Done Recently in Different. Labs Worldwide. a Brief Introduction To Implementation of Qubits and Quantum Gates.learning Outcomes# By The End of The Course The Student# 11. Will Know Quantum Algorithms And Protocols and Will Be Able to Analyze Them and Understand The Meaning Of Improvements and Changes in Them. 2. Will Understand The Advantages and Difficulties Compared to Claasical Protocols And Algorithms.
Faculty: Computer Science
(46002 - Design and Analysis of Algorithms and 104034 - Introduction to Probability H and 114075 - Physics 2mm) or (104122 - Complex Function Theory 1 and 114071 - Physics 1m) or (114071 - Physics 1m and 234247 - Algorithms 1) or 114073 - Int. to Quantum Physics For Engineering or 115203 - Quantum Physics 1 or 124400 - Quantum Chemistry 1
Course with no extra credit
Course with no extra credit (contained)
- Classical and quantum computation - Kitaev, A. Yu
- Classical and quantum computation - Kitaev, A. Yu.
- Quantum computation and quantum information - Nielsen, Michael A.,
- Quantum computation and quantum information [electronic resource] - Nielsen, Michael A.
- Quantum computing - Gruska, Jozef
- Quantum theory [electronic resource] : concepts and methods - Peres, Asher
- Quantum theory : concepts and methods - Peres, Asher