Explicit, Implicit and Parametric Representations. Conic Sections and Quadratic Functions. Hermite and Spline Interpolations. Continuity. Differential Geometry of Curves. Bezier Curves. Bspline Curves. Differential Geometry of Surfaces. Bezier and Bspline Surfaces. Subdivision and Refinement. The Course Leads Towards The Planning and Implementation of a Graphics System That Models 3-dimensional Objects Using High Level Programming Tools.
Faculty: Computer Science
Course with no extra credit
- An introduction to splines for use in computer graphics and geometric modeling - Bartels, Richard H.
- Curves and surfaces for CAGD : a practical guide - Farin, Gerald E.
- Curves and surfaces for CAGD a practical guide - Farin, Gerald E.
- Curves and surfaces for computer aided geometric design : a practical guide - Farin, Gerald E.
- Curves and surfaces for computer-aided geometric design : a practical guide - Farin, Gerald E.
- Differential geometry of curves and surfaces - Carmo, Manfredo P. do
- Fundamentals of computer-aided geometric design - Hoschek, Josef
- Geometric modeling with splines : an introduction - Cohen, Elaine,